Check out the latest news from Hawker BeechcraftPosted by KingAirNation — Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Hawker Beechcraft Announces Participation in Africa Aerospace and Defense 2012WICHITA, Kan. (Sept. 18, 2012) – Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) today announced its participation in the Africa Aerospace and Defense (AAD12) exhibition, Sept. 19-23, in Tshwane, South Africa. In addition to its entire line of current production Beechcraft King Air turboprops and the Multi-Mission King Air 350ER, HBC and its regional distributor Absolute Aviation will display a Hawker 4000 and Beechcraft Bonanza G36 at Air Force Base Waterkloof.
“The performance, versatility and low operating costs of our line of Beechcraft King Air turboprops make them a popular choice for business and special mission requirements in Africa,” said Sean McGeough, HBC president, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. “Recent industry data shows that 64 percent – 243 aircraft – of all business turboprop aircraft registered into Africa are King Air models. Eighty-nine of the business jets registered in Africa are Hawker Beechcraft products, giving HBC an industry-leading 38 percent market share among the African business aircraft in which it competes.”
HBC will showcase the following aircraft at chalet #13:
- Hawker 4000 – The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite fuselage Hawker 4000 sets the standard for quality, performance and value in the super-midsize business jet class. With a 3,280 nautical mile non-stop range and cruise speeds up to Mach 0.84, it features a sophisticated composite fuselage, all metal supercritical wing, powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada FADEC-controlled engines and state-of-the-art Honeywell Primus EPIC avionics.
- Multi-Mission Beechcraft King Air 350ER – The Multi-Mission Beechcraft King Air 350ER demonstrator aircraft is a standard extended-range airplane, which is capable of more than 12 hours endurance or more than 2,500 nautical mile range. The demonstrator has been fitted with a search radar radome with electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) lift for surveillance missions, high density seating for military transport missions, and two medical sleds and a medical storage cabinet for air ambulance missions. All of these installations are certified by the Federal Aviation Administration and European Aviation Safety Agency, and available for immediate delivery on new aircraft from the factory.
- King Air 350i – The Beechcraft King Air 350i turboprop features next generation capabilities and efficiency, providing a responsible, sustainable alternative for business air travelers. Not only is the King Air 350i its segment’s greenest aircraft, but it can also take more passengers farther on less fuel – meaning consistent savings for its operators. This, combined with state-of-the-art design and performance enhancements, represents new heights of power and durability, while its new interior means that it has the most comfortable and capable cabin ever offered in its class.
- King Air 250 – Building on a reputation of proven performance, the next-generation Beechcraft King Air 250 features composite winglets and lightweight composite propellers, delivering improved runway performance, range, speed and enhanced climb. Passengers travel in quintessential King Air comfort, easily moving about in the spacious square-oval cabin over long-distance journeys. The King Air 250 further defines mission reliability with a ram air recovery system that maintains peak performance when the anti-icing system is activated, resulting in a high-performance, all-weather aircraft.
- King Air C90GTx – The C90GTx takes light twin turboprop performance to new levels. Composite winglets and a higher maximum takeoff weight give the C90GTx even greater flexibility while retaining its predecessor’s performance. Featuring a cabin 50 percent larger than some very light jets, the C90GTx seats up to seven passengers in its famed squared-oval design, allowing greater passenger comfort. It includes an in-flight accessible, heated and pressurized baggage storage area, along with a private aft lavatory as standard.
- Bonanza G36 – With unmatched efficiency and speed – as well as a cabin almost a third larger than its nearest competitor – the Beechcraft Bonanza G36 offers its customers superior performance for their money. Not only does it consume less fuel than its competitor, it is able to fly significantly faster. Designed and built strong enough to be certified in the rugged utility category, the Bonanza G36 is ready for any adventure with first-class technology and comfort and world-class Beechcraft quality. This piston-engine powerhouse can carry four passengers 750 miles and has a maximum cruise speed of more than 200 miles per hour.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special mission, light attack and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visitwww.hawkerbeechcraft.com.